Friday, August 27, 2010

Novels Are Better Than Reality


The undeniable fact is, I'm almost quitting on reading Nicholas Sparks' tear-jerking novels since I'm having a wrong impression about the true meaning of authentic love. It is not surprising in his novels how two strangers from diverse world come to cross a similar path together. I have to admit that he really is a great writer but sometimes, I find it hard to understand if that kind of love he undoubtedly mentioned is still existing -- or did exist. This applies to all kind of relationship. But romantically speaking,  it is very touching how lovers risk everything to be with each other, to hug each other, to kiss each other, to end up together. 

Another thing, romantic movies like Titanic, The Notebook, If only and the like are very heart-breaking and they really make my heart jump and shatter indisputably. The essence of love is heart-felt and pure. You can feel it touching your heart, mending it or breaking it, either way. I know, in dreams and in reality, that happy endings are mostly seen in fairytales. They are likewise phony and selfish. They give us hope of eternal love and happiness with the scent of heaven arising from the mutual understanding of two different persons, yet leave us marveling about when will this hope appear in real life. 

Maybe you are wondering why I want to stop everything related to this kind of art work. I may be overacting or too honest to blurt everything out in a good or bad way. That's the least thing I can do for now, fretting over the things I missed to have in my entire, or maybe half, life. I'm not a pro or con, I'm just merely hashing out what I truly feel about it. Or maybe this is just an aftershock of what's really happening in my life, maybe I was just too narrow-minded that I immediately thought everything was fake and rubbish. This is bad, after musingly reckoning what I've just written in the first paragraph. Maybe I'm just too scared of accepting the fact that that kind of love is not with me, for now. I know, with warm heart, everything will be okay. Everything..
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...