Sunday, January 16, 2011

How Long Should It Take?

It is definitely hard to forget a person who once made your life a complete fairytale. It is like you intentionally and gladly used a permanent maker to write your story on the board, then realizing you obviously wrote a wrong word and you're trying to erase it. It is hard. You used water, alcohol, and even your cologne just to remove the mark that tainted the board. It is hard. After doing all the effort just to remove the stains, here you are, realizing that there are still very tiny dots that stayed no matter how much you tried to clean it up. Same as love. No matter how you try to forget a person, the memories will just keep on entering your mind.


I've been with him for like 20 months and we just ended up not talking to each other. Worse, I know. The things we used to do together are constantly bugging my mind everytime I'm alone. I cried. I felt like the world's cursing me. I was so miserable. I was too numb. I was helpless. I was weak. Life without him would be different; just like any other would say. But being drifted away from him makes me stronger, makes me believe that God has a better love story for me, makes me who I am right now. Just stand up, head up high, smile, and love your life. It might be difficult to put them in action, but believe me, it is what makes us a better person.

Bad memories will eventually fade. Happy ones would always prevail. Love is not always rainbows and butterflies. There are always rational reasons why our "signicant" someone leaves us. We just have to move on no matter how painful it is, because in life, if we won't help ourselves, who else would? Be the leader of the path you want. Be the hero/heroine of your own life. Just be strong and you will find your one true love. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...